In case you need reminding, as you face yet another week at the coal-face, there are worst places to be. For example, you might be sentenced to spend time at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe where these are ten of the very best jokes as nominated by Mark Brown in The Guardian.
1) "You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks." – Stewart
2) "Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVDs back to back. Luckily
I was the one facing the telly." – Tim Vine
3) "I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister." –
4) "You know you're working class when your TV is bigger than your book
case." – Rob Beckett
5) "I'm good friends with 25 letters of the alphabet … I don't know Y." –
6) "I took part in the sun tanning Olympics - I just got Bronze." – Tim
7) "Pornography is often frowned upon, but that's only because I'm
concentrating." – George Ryegold
8) "I saw a documentary on how ships are kept together. Riveting!" –
9) "I waited an hour for my starter so I complained: 'It's not rocket salad."
– Lou Sanders
10) "My mum's so pessimistic, that if there was an Olympics for pessimism …
she wouldn't fancy her chances." – Nish Kumar
I suppose it was the way they told 'em!